Have you noticed a lag in the speed of your business’ Wi-Fi?
A combination of many things can be the cause of slow internet, specifically over a wireless network.
Speed up the Wi-Fi for your business to keep operations running smoothly.
- Test the Wi-Fi signal speed: Do a speed test of your office’s Wi-Fi to see if it is performing as intended. This is usually the culprit, and can be the difference between exceptional internet performance and business operations and a hindrance on your business’ efficiency.
- Update your router: Take a look at the router responsible for enabling the Wi-Fi in your office, and see whether or not it’s time for an upgrade.
If both the signal speed and router are tiptop, here are some tips for boosting Wi-Fi strength:
- Ensure the router is in a central location for maximum performance throughout the entire office.
- Elevate the router.
- Unplug and plug back in the router periodically to reboot it.
- Ensure the router isn’t near objects that can interfere with the transmission of the Wi-Fi signal. These include microwaves, concrete walls, cordless phones, and large metal objects.
Get what you need out of your business’ Wi-Fi by proactively testing and updating your Wi-Fi equipment.
Contact IntelliSyn today to learn more about optimizing your business’ internet for smooth business operation and maximum efficiency.